»

28 September 2006

Scents and Sensibility

I was walking through the library today, which I know is a huge shock, when I distinctly smelled homecoming or Spring Weekend. There was a mix of day old hairspray, perfume, slushie and (I swear!) vodka. Maybe this poor girl didn't really smell like all this, but I assume she just came into the library straight after a night of drinking, which I have to admire. To help with the sensory overload, it is getting to be the end of the school year, with summer well on its way. I am stuck in the library and I think it might be 1000 times more fun to be out partying for a weekend straight with my friends.

I was then slammed back to remembering the 7-11 guy who would sell slushies for higher prices during homecoming and spring weekend just because they went so well with vodka and nice weather. Then I remembered that it is homecoming weekend right now at Valpo (I think). Instead of hanging out with nostalgia and some of my nearest and dearest, I am in the library half a world away, working on my thesis.

I really am a grown up. Boo. Boo, I say.

0 comments: