»

26 September 2006

Epitome of Adulthood

I have been feeling rather grown up lately. I have been going to library at 8.30am and therefore getting up around 7 to shower, make my breakfast and lunch, do little things around the flat, etc. Then I have been given quite a bit more work at my filing job, full on making me a contact in the office increasing frantic phone calls and mail with my name on it. Very exciting. Yesterday I even had a lengthy discussion with a co-worker on the merits and shortcomings of market theory, first in education and then in various other capacities. I hung out laundry at 7.30 this morning making me feel beyond adult (and also out of a different era -- what I wouldn't give for a washing machine. Okay, well apparently, I wouldn't give $400... because that's how much they cost.), and headed off to the library, laptop bag in hand.

I was throwing out words, quality words, for my thesis like it was nothing. Proud of myself, I started proofreading and thought, I can use a source on that. Looking through my list of references, I saw Boehner. Then I thought, "Boehner. Ha, that sounds like boner... Boner. Heehee!"

I guess I'm not all that grown up after all.

Boner. Heehee.

0 comments: