»

16 September 2006

And Then I Cried

Last night was a welcome change of pace. Instead of working, working, or working, I went to my soccer team's Senior Prize Giving. I got a going away present that I wasn't expecting at all -- a hat with the club's logo on it (something I've been lusting after since we introduced them) and my jersey with my name printed on it and everyone's signature on it. It was great. And I cried. Then some other people cried. But it was fun because after all that crying (and lots of booze to fuel the sentiments), we played singstar. Which I hate. But! It was fun because the two good people would just compete with a whole group of people surrounding them, singing along. You get to belt out the tunes with all your peeps (yes, I said peeps) and your tone is not being rated for all to see. Trust me, I've heard me -- I already know I have no tone.

Then I got to see the inside of some bars again. Big relief. Though I did punk out early (at two though!!), and though I have no voice this morning, it was well worth it. I even still got up at 8 to do more work. I'm sick, man; so very sick. :)

0 comments: