»

13 September 2005

RIP Goldfish

The title of this blog is irrelevant really, just a chalking I saw on the sidewalk that I thought was funny. Who would write that?

Anyway, I am fully enjoying a day off from writing, but thought I would share another reason why. I went to the library yesterday to pick up some books for a project I am doing. I had about ten or so books and went to the circulation desk. This is the conversation that followed between the check out guy and myself:

him: Sure is a nice day today, eh?
me: Yup.
him: Everyone's been getting piles of books today! Must be the great reading weather.
me: [pausing to search for sarcasm] Really?
him: Yeah, I mean, it's a great day for reading a book.
me: Actually, I would bet it's because it's the last month of school, deadlines and such.
him: Well, maybe.
me: Well, I don't usually get ten books on critical literacy and narrative inquiry for some light reading for one nice day.
him: Oh, I suppose not. I wonder if those other people were getting school books or fun books?
me: Gee, I guess we'll never know.

I mean, really. This is the same guy who, after I asked to see when The Life of Pi was due back in, said "Is that a recipe book?" This man shouldn't work in a library. Or near books. Or near me.

And that is just one reason why today has been blissful. No writing, no reading, no library, no nothing! Just fun times. Until tomorrow.

1 comments:

Annika said...

I'm sure it would have been even nicer than mine! Right? :)