»

11 September 2005

Not About School

Hurrah, I finally have something to talk about besides school (not that the insane write-a-thon is over). We had our soccer banquet this weekend and I won a trophy!

At first, I thought we were all going to get "participant" trophies, which actually, I would have loved. Unfortunately, no. But I did win the Most Improved Player trophy. I was quite pleased because it was completely unexpected, but it has provided me with some great advice for joining new sports. Always fall down your first practice. That's what I did and now everyone thinks I'm amazing... for the girl that fell down on the first practice. :)

In addition to a cool trophy (with my name spelled wrong, just like always), we got heaps of free food, including veggie burgers. They aren't good, but at least New Zealand is trying. I also got two pieces of cheesecake (one purple, one red) and a nice evening of hanging out with people who couldn't care less about qualitative research and the history of New Zealand's educational reform. Ah. What a nice little evening it was.

And now... back to writing.

0 comments: