»

10 August 2006

Worst Day Ever

I am writing this blog after the fact, but I just wanted to share about my worst day ever. On Friday, I was so tired. I have ceased to be able to sleep. I've never slept well, and for this whole week, I've been tossing and turning to a ridiculous extent. After reading up on, I am no longer allowed caffeine after lunch, not allowed naps, not allowed to read in bed, not allowed to watch movies or TV in bed, etc. Clearly, I was an unhappy girl. But, I decided to conquer taking a nap by skipping it on Friday.

Well, I am the only well person left in my office. There is some speculation about how long I'll last. The throat feels mildly sore and I sneeze a bit, but that could be anything. The flat was a mess, work was hard, it was rainy and cold. Then, when I got home, I decided to air out my bedroom; there is a door that goes outside in my bedroom. In an effort to open it, I broke a window panel on the door. I mean, honestly. The door was so warped by the damp that it refused to open. Using my hip to help it, I managed to not open the door, but open a window. Drat. So I called my landlord knowing that there was no way a glass guy was going to come Friday night, or all weekend. Then in a fit of insistence upon said door's opening, another window was smashed when it was closed again. Sigh.

Cardboard went up, tears were spilled, cold damp seeped through the flat with new intensity, but it was after all Friday. There's always another day, another week.

UPDATE: the windows have been fixed. My landlord is even going to try to fix my damp-damaged doors. Lucky, lucky me.

0 comments: