»

15 July 2006

Tacos


I am in another phase of missing certain American luxuries: Mexican food, Olive Gardens, central heating... :)

Last night's menu consisted of tacos at mi casa. It was really good. Like really good. But the hard shell tacos from the store were a bit stale. I realised that this is because they were probably shipped from far away. I know for sure they aren't made in this country. Probably not Australia. So... somewhere far, far away.

I am learning more and more that I will miss certain things from here, food-wise: cheese rolls, pumpkin soup all the time, the sushi they have here, Marmite. And of course many things that aren't food, but that's a whole other post.

So the moral of my story today is that while I enjoy some toast with Marmite and some Indonesian noodles I'm sure I can't get in the States, you go out and eat some Taco Bell or, if time and money permit, someplace real, real nice for Mexican. Then tomorrow? Go to the Olive Garden. It's only fair.

0 comments: