»

22 February 2007

Rodeo Days!

I am celebrating the apparently statewide event that is Rodeo Days by running errands. So boring.

I remember when my parents used to have their few and far between days off. They were always so busy! I remember saying, "This is vacation; you should relax!" And my dad would say, "I'll relax when everything's done." Of course, it was never done. I dare say my dad hasn't relaxed once in the past ten years. (I kid, I kid.) ;)

I had a taste of my own medicine today. I have been running around, thankful to have some time for once. My days melt into my nights and I find that I can sit down for the first time at 7.30. A grand total of 12 hours since I left the apartment in the morning. Ugh. But I like feeling productive. I feel like I've been continually falling behind in a race. Well now, what I feel like is this: I've been playing Mario Kart and I'm sucking. I mean, I'm staying in the race, but I'm clearly not going to win. But then! I hit a turbo strip. And then another! And another! I just feel like days off give you this massive amount of time to catch up.

So, daddy dear, I'll relax when everything's done too. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never gets done! Dad