»

21 February 2007

Food is Yummy

Yesterday, I had my first batch of "real" money. Some New Zealand funds settled themselves (what a politically savvy way to say that!) and a couple hundred dollars came my way. Now, my needs are great. A list of things I just might like to have:

  • cable
  • groceries
  • pillows
  • face products
  • hair products
  • a bed
  • dressers
  • hangers
  • lamps
  • more silverware
  • more plates
  • mixing bowls
  • coffee
  • a tea infuser
  • a working cell phone
  • a newspaper subscription
  • another car
  • gas
  • a suitable wardrobe for work and pleasure
  • new shoes
  • repairs on old shoes
  • books
  • movies
  • a desk
  • a desktop computer

The list goes on. $200 does not go far. But it does make you happier. Money may not buy happiness but it sure staves off utter depression pretty well.

Also, I get the next two days off. Why? Well, I think it's to make up for the fact that we had school on President's Day. I mean, honestly. But it's actually for Rodeo Days. Fine. I guess I do live in the South, though I prefer to think of the Southwest as a whole different kettle of fish.

Tomorrow I might check out the rodeo parade and some fun stuff -- it is free, after all -- and get some errands done. The thought has never made me happier. And! Cable/internet/new cell phones should be in this weekend. I think I've crossed over the poverty threshold.

It was a close one, folks.

0 comments: