»

14 March 2007

End of an Era -- Fingers Crossed

I've taken some random turns in my short little life. A couple of times, these turns have left me bedless. There was the terrible stint living with a dear friend (and by with, I mean on her loveseat -- not couch); we knew it was a bad idea to start with, but I lived on a loveseat for months. And that's okay. It was that or go back home, and I wanted to be out on my own. Such is the cost for these things.

When I got to NZ, I was smart enough to get a semi-furnished flat, which handily came with a bed. Well, when I first got there, the leg was broken. I had just gotten off of a 2 day journey to get there and beggars can't be choosers. I slept lopsided until I had the energy to find a hardware store, some nails, and a hammer.

Tucson was another unexpected twist in the road. I had basically no money for the trip down, let alone to set up shop. Hence me living on my own couch... until tonight. A bed is on its way.

Define adulthood however you want, but for me -- today I am an adult. I hope that last night was the last night that I will ever have to sleep on a couch because it's where I live. I hope that from here on out, I at least have that bed. I didn't even have to put it on my newly acquired credit card. Tonight, will be bliss.

Just ask my back.

0 comments: