»

22 April 2007

Gym

Yesterday was quite the busy day. I feel that my posting has suffered from my "real life." These things happen.

I finally got a gym membership again. I can barely say that without jumping for joy -- which would be a great way to work out in and of itself. This is the first time in my life where I am this enthusiastic to be working out. It helps to be much fatter than you'd like to be. It also helps to have been much thinner just a mere six months ago. It also helps tremendously that I have to be a bride on a friggin' cruise ship in 14 months. Seriously, who coordinates their wedding with an occasion to spend a lot of time in swimwear? Whatever the reason, I am also happy to be getting healthier again. It's time to work off the months and months of ramen and pizza. The best thing is that they have cable TVs hooked up to most of the equipment (apparently some crazies don't like the cable TV addition to their workout). I mean, really? This is amazing. I was laughing through half of King of Queens before I realized I'd been working out for 15 minutes. Awesome. Well done, Gold's Gym. The other best thing (there are a lot of them) is that the membership is only 19 a month. No, I typed that right. Nineteen dollars a friggin' month. The other best thing is that they have a leather couch in the changing room and a jacuzzi and outdoor swimming pool! Now, I don't know what purpose a leather coach will serve me. I doubt I will lounge with cocktails and a magazine, but snazzy! And I also don't know that I will need a jacuzzi, but I bet that when I do need one it will be of utmost importance.

Just wonderful.

The other fun event of yesterday was the chaperoning of prom. That's right. I got to be there to oversee a prom. The stats were good: only 1 drunk girl (whose friend tried to tell me, "She just got so excited! She just needs to rest her head here in the bathroom." Oh teenagers.) , only 1 girl told to stop grinding her butt into her date who was slack jawed and in awe, and 0 fights! Considering my kids are a bit rough around the edges, this was an amazing turnout. I am tired this morning because evidently the only thing more exhausting than partying all night is tensely watching others party all night, hoping they don't mess up enough to enjoy the company of the friendly cops in the back of the room. A good time was had by all, but now I miss ghetto booty dancing to hits like the Humpty Dance and My Humps.

Summer trip with my VU girlies will have to be a rockin' good time.

0 comments: